Optimization is very much matter for SEO, and that is what SEO is. Optimizing static site is different from optimizing dynamic site. Always be cautious while optimizing a dynamic site, there are many rules behind for doing it.
Optimizing dynamic site, Meta tags are as follows, it is also applicable for static site also. The rules behind for Meta tags are as follows …
1. Do not use single quote (‘) or double quotes (“”) in Keywords or Description.
2. Do not use symbols like &, @, #, but can use %, ! and $ but not so appreciated.
3. Can use three sentences for describing about the product.
4. Should modify only the site description for Meta Description. (The first sentence of every product for Meta Description must be as it in live site, the other two sentences can have variation or for giving extra effects).
5. Should not Copy or Paste the competitor site product description into our site. Product description should be very unique, it shouldn’t duplicate from any other site.
6. Each product's keywords should be very unique; it can have repetitive keywords (in case of similar products reprtation ) but not in same alignment or order.
7. The starting of each product keywords or description should be same as the Title tag. (it is search engine friendly)
8. Always avoid using single keywords for dynamic site to some extend to drive traffic directly to site(it is welcome for different search engines)
9. Do not use “and” in keywords part as it is not appreciated with different SEs.
10. Try clubbing 2 or 3 keywords in site description for better traffic, but not more than 3. The maximum is 2 or 3.
11. Use always simple jargons in description, and do not use the complex argot.
12. For dynamic site Meta Keywords should be limited to 20 words and Meta Description should be limited to 250 characters.
Always follow these steps while optimizing your site, to drive a better traffic from various SEs.